Monday, July 20, 2009

Time for an update

Which I shall do in bullet-point form, for brevity. I'm tired.

  • Christchurch has a strange mix of weather, from the really very cold to the sitting outside in t-shirt warmth. This often happens on the same day. I feel like I'm experiencing both hemispheres at the same time.
  • Job-hunting during a recession is a stupid idea. Especially when on a working holiday visa and competing with laid-off Kiwis.
  • Luckily R's old company needed researchers in NZ, so yay for proper work! Paid in US$ even, so we'll be rich. Comparatively.
  • I'm not sure why they don't pay in pounds, when it's a British company. Never mind.
  • With work sorted, we turned our attention to other fun things. Like snowboarding!
  • Pictures are on Picasa. Look to the little link on the left for photo and video action.
  • Or go here.
  • Kea are fantastic.
  • My coccyx hurts.
  • I'm not in hospital! This is an improvement.
That's all for now. Consider yourselves caught up.

1 comment:

John said...

I just looked through your snowboard pics,I am impressed.We have been back home off our jollys now for 4 days,no snow for us luckily.I can see you having good time,I will keep watching.Love to you both.