- Christchurch has a strange mix of weather, from the really very cold to the sitting outside in t-shirt warmth. This often happens on the same day. I feel like I'm experiencing both hemispheres at the same time.
- Job-hunting during a recession is a stupid idea. Especially when on a working holiday visa and competing with laid-off Kiwis.
- Luckily R's old company needed researchers in NZ, so yay for proper work! Paid in US$ even, so we'll be rich. Comparatively.
- I'm not sure why they don't pay in pounds, when it's a British company. Never mind.
- With work sorted, we turned our attention to other fun things. Like snowboarding!
- Pictures are on Picasa. Look to the little link on the left for photo and video action.
- Or go here.
- Kea are fantastic.
- My coccyx hurts.
- I'm not in hospital! This is an improvement.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Time for an update
Which I shall do in bullet-point form, for brevity. I'm tired.