Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy February!

Just to say that I haven't forgotten about my blog, but I haven't felt like writing in a while, so I haven't. Here's the update:

French classes are good, my teacher is actually from France which means I can understand him (yay!) as opposed to most people on the street who just sound like they're talking a different language. Although even this guy isn't infallible - he answered a question the other day with "Yup, c'est ca". Hmm. But it's fun, we all talk in French even outside the class because there's people from all over - a Swiss German guy, Mexicans, a Japanese girl... so it's fun. On Valentine's Day we're having a party apparently, with "romantic French music" and things... could be fun!

Rob was here last weekend, yay! It was weird, it had only been three weeks and not the regulation three months... I was excited. I even went out to meet him at the airport (it would've been a metro and two bus journey, but then Brian - one of my housemates - gave me a lift. The thought was still there though!), bought sushi and beer and made brownies with my other housemate Spencer and his friend Danielle... I was a little drunk by the time I went to the airport, but what do you expect at 10.30 on a Friday night?

The problem with weekend visiting is that it's really just Saturday. We went shopping (although I was grumpy about that, sorry) and then went to meet Rob's friend Arlen and went out for dinner, which was very cool and we got to speak French (or me and Arlen did, Rob - even though he knows French - decided to speak English, really confusing the waitresses). Then we sat and watched films at home with people and drank more wine. A good time.

That's all for now, have decided to make an effort to write more often. It's like a new month's resolution, if you will. Oh and if anyone wants to get in touch, both the Warrington and Winnipeg phone numbers that are floating around are forwarded to my mobile phone here, so you can all call me for cheap :) so do! Although I did speak to one guy in Winnipeg who was very confused as to why a Brit in Montreal was answering a Winnipeg phone number... hehehe.

--
Coffee is thicker than water...

http://avatarofcunning.blogspot.com

No comments: