Friday, February 16, 2007

Lots of big photos!

Well, after a few days spent not very happily (which is an understatement), I'm back.

Went out and took photos today. It was really warm, and the light was great (until I went down to the river, where the sun was too low for most of it). It helped me feel better.

Pictures then! Beware, there are a lot. I got carried away, and I haven't even posted them all... Oh, and they're BIG, so probs not a good idea for 56k.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Gravestones in St Oswald's churchyard.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
St Oswald's church itself.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wall and path by the river (those kids looked at me so mistrustfully... then when I'd passed, they were crowding round their mum telling her about my purple hair smile )


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Path and little kissing gate thing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cathedral from one side of the peninsula.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A tree I liked the silhouette of.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I need to figure out the exposure on this so that you can see the cathedral in the background too - the "grey towers of Durham", which are actually more golden.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cathedral and archaeological museum.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Archaeological museum from right next to the water.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of the college boathouses (St Mary's, I think) and people putting their boat away.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cathedral again. It's so pretty!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cathedral from under the arch of Milburngate bridge. At least I think it's Milburngate bridge... there are too many in this city!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The castle, and that bridge again.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The same photo, in black and white because I'd just found out how to make my camera do that and I was excited wink




Also, to add to the media-heaviness that's already here, I've had a song called "I'm Not Okay" going through my head, by these guys, Luther Wright and the Wrongs. Couldn't find that song on YouTube (gasp) so here's a different one from the same album.

1 comment:

Syrrys said...

http://stuckincustoms.com/?p=548 this may be what you need to get those Castle/Cathedral shots looking right.